- I am Licensed to conduct Home Inspections in the state of Maryland; MD HI License # 30090.
- I am compliant with Pennsylvania Home Inspection Regulation, Act 114. (PA has no HI Licensing)
- I have 20 years experience as a homebuilder and re-modeler and have held a MD Home Improvement Contractor License. My experience includes all aspects of new custom home construction and remodeling, both hands on and supervisory. I also have in-depth experience with commercial type building construction, much of it at Ft. Detrick, MD and have experience with public building construction, such as fire houses, ambulance buildings and churches. Additionally, I have specialized, in-depth experience with swimming pools and spas (among other things, provided consultation on the pools and spa at the presidential retreat at Camp David), as well as with hearth products. I know homes and buildings, and their related components, from the ground up, inside and out.
- I abide by InterNACHI's Code of Ethics.
- I follow InterNACHI's Standards of Practice.
- I completed 60 hour training course on Principles of Home Inspection; Systems and Standards at Frederick Community College
- I am continually involved in a program of education and self-improvement. I fulfill 24 hours or more of continuing education in my field every year.
- I am a Certified Radon Tester, PA DEP Certification #2457
- I am a Certified Water Sampler, MD Certification # 1010-00-419
- I produce comprehensive, on-line inspection reports, with digital photos, within 24 hours of the inspection.
- I have developed and taught Continuing Education Courses for Realtors at Hagerstown Community College, Frederick Community College and the National Academy of Professional Development. These include "Green Concepts for Realtors" and "Problems Found In Home Inspections".
- I am the instructor for the "Home Inspection Pre-Licensure Course" at Frederick Community College.
- I am an affiliate member of the Frederick County Association of Realtors.
Service Philosophy and Promise
"Choosing the right Home Inspector can be a challenge. Home Inspectors have varying qualifications, knowledge, experience, reporting methods, and yes, different pricing. Often clients, especially home buyers, are faced with choosing a home inspector within a limited amount of time and usually without any face to face contact.
I assure you that I bring with me a wealth of knowledge and experience to your home inspection, as well as personal integrity. I objectively examine every home or property with a critical eye, using all the resources of my professional expertise to ensure that every component of the home is thoroughly evaluated.
Even though I am very objective in my examination of a property, I treat every customer as I would treat a family member or close friend and I inspect every home as if I were inspecting it for that family member or friend. I attempt to make every inspection as pleasant and "user friendly" as possible, while at the same time making it as educational as possible. During the course of the inspection, I will answer any and all questions you may have about the home, and in as much depth as necessary.
If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your home, I guarantee that you will have the best home inspection possible. I promise that I will do everything possible to enable you to have the "peace of mind" that comes from knowing the true condition of your home or your prospective new home."